世大運於8月19日在台北田徑場舉行開幕典禮,場外卻遭到反對年金改革團體抗議,除了讓台灣民眾憤怒不已,連外國觀眾也傻眼,「不要鬧工作室」找來在台灣生活的外籍人士詢問他們看法,到底對於這件事,各國人有什麼看法呢?
1.美國
So I actually went to the opening ceremony last night and it was a lot of fun.
我昨天(8/19)晚上去參加了開幕儀式,超好玩!
Everyone seemed like super excited for everything.
大家對所有事情看起來都很興奮
The flags started walking around by themselves. We were all wondering like what was going on, like where are all the athletes.
後來突然只有國旗進場,我們就開始納悶選手怎麼不見了
Later on my friend and I found out it was all a riot about pensions and we were like, what? WHY?
後來我們聽說是跟退休金有關的抗議,我就心想,為什麼啊?
That’s just...really ridiculous that you would do that.
很扯!竟然會這樣來搞
The opening ceremony was great because I saw all the aboriginal dances and singing and it was great for a foreigner like me to experience it firsthand.
開幕的表演很棒,因為我還有看到原住民的舞蹈和歌曲,這樣的體驗對我這個外國人來說很好
Another question is like why are there so many police officers that aren’t even armed.
我的另一個問題是,為什麼那天很多警察在現場,但都沒有配武器?
That’s how riots happen.
通常暴動就因此展開了!
2.法國
In France, protests are common thing but people wouldn’t go to sports events they would go to famous places like Eiffel Tower.
在法國抗議是很稀鬆平常的事,但一般大家不會去運動賽事抗議,大家會去著名的景點比如艾菲爾鐵塔
3.美國
These events are a way for Taiwan to showcase their own country.
這些活動對台灣來講是個很好宣傳自己的機會
All these players have an instagram most likely.
也許這些選手都會有Instagram
So these athletes, there’s like over 7,000 of them are showing people back home what Taiwan is like,
這些超過7,000名的選手,就能和各國家鄉的朋友家人宣傳台灣
I still have people back in New York. Who think that Taiwan is Thailand. They still are mistaking it.
我還有朋友在紐約那邊,他們還是把台灣跟泰國搞混
And then you have this riot and Reuters, a foreign news company already reported on it last night.
然後這場抗議,國外的路透社已經在昨晚報導了這件事
Also I have another question: Why are you called Chinese Taipei in these games when it’s actually supposed to be Taiwan?
我還有另一個問題:為什麼參加比賽要用中華台北,不是台灣?
From what I gather. People were there to protest the cutting of their pensions and what does that have anything to do with the summer Universiade games.
我聽說這些抗議民眾的訴求是跟退休金有關?我不懂的是這個跟世大運有什麼關係?
So I heard the protestors are threatening to go to the closing ceremony.
聽說抗議者要在閉幕式還要再去一次
But my question is why are you doing that? This is a great chance for these athletes to promote Taiwan for you.
但我想問他們為什麼要這麼做?這是一個讓各國運動員幫你宣傳台灣的最好機會
They can see Taiwan, they can see how great it is.
他們可以藉機看見台灣,看見台灣的好
If anything, you should support the games, buy tickets!
為什麼不支持比賽買票去看?
本文獲「不要鬧工作室」授權轉載,原文:《求解》讓老外不懂的世大運抗議(為什麼台灣不能團結?): Foreigners' Thoughts on Universiade Protest
原文連結